Greetings St. Paul’s! We are excited to be opening our church doors to In-Person Worship on Sunday, October 4, 2020. Worship will begin at 10 AM.
Over the past several months our Healthy Church Team has prayed about and discussed gathering again for worship while following the restrictions of our governor and the Virginia United Methodist Church Conference. As you might expect, our Healthy Church Team Members have expressed a wide range of safe church reopening questions and concerns. While several have relatively few concerns about gathering together again, we do take seriously COVID-19 related health issues and caring for those who are at high risk. Serving those with deep health concerns and those at high risk, we will also be continuing to provide our services online. We love and respect all of you and the team has worked to consider the needs and risk levels of everyone in crafting our re-opening plan. We are pleased to share it with you here.
Beginning October 4th at 10am we will return to our church with combined contemporary and traditional services. The following includes health precautions that are being required by the Virginia UMC Conference:
- Registering your attendance is required. Email or call the church at least 4 days in advance of each Sunday service you plan to attend.
- Please click here to print out a “Health Questionnaire” for the church to keep on file.
- Face masks will be required for everyone attending services
- Some pews will be blocked to maintain social distancing. Hymnals and pew bibles have been removed – so please bring your bible.
- Out of respect for those who want or need to stay safe, in all services we ask that everyone help us maintain a “touchless” worship environment. So please: no handshakes, hugs or touching.
- Bulletins will be provided via email prior to Sunday’s service.
- When services end, attendees will be dismissed by section to avoid hallway congestion.
- We will not pass offering plates, but will provide receptacles by the exit where you may place your gifts. You may also continue to simply mail in your gifts.
- For the time being, worship will not include congregational singing, responsive readings or communion.
- To begin with, Children’s Church and nursery will not be available.
- Anti-bacterial stations have been added around the sanctuary.
We are excited about meeting together again, despite the challenges and some of the restrictions placed on us. We are hopeful our approach to reopening will be pleasing to God while best meeting the spiritual and health needs of our congregation.
While we do not know all God has planned for the future, we know He will continue to guide and protect us through these most unusual of times. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the church office or Mark Clarke, Chair of the Healthy Church Team.
May God Bless you and yours. We look forward to seeing you on October 4th or click here to see sermons online at Facebook. No matter what, God is present and He is worthy of all praise